I told my kids this morning,
that I had recieved nominations for three awards,
in the past few days.
Beautiful Mama Award thank you to mummyshymz.
thank you to beingjune.
and Sunshine Award thanks to lauriesnotes
Were they so proud?
Was I congratulated?
The comments went.
“Is this my porridge?”
“Mum, they are not real awards!”.
And most hurtful….
“Ye, you were only nominated,
you won nothing!”.
Well ask me if I care!
I am delighted,
and whether they like it or not,
I will be giving my acceptance speech to them later.
Firstly thanks so much to beingjune for nominating me for the liebster award.
and in time,
my family will give me the respect I deserve.
“This is a fun award given to bloggers by bloggers to help build community and get to know each other. It is also a great way to help your readers learn more about you. Here are the rules…
1. Copy and paste the award on your blog. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog. Tick have done that!
2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator. Tick.
List 11 random facts about yourself. Tick
and create 11 questions for your nominees. Tick.
Must check myself on this as I am very tempted to write the questions I would really like you to answer..
Age you lost your virginity?
Any criminal record?
Worst lie you ever told.
Mmmm maybe I’ll make up a different award someday.
3. Nominate 11 blogs with 200 or less followers who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.”
Yikes I’m struggling here,
some do not list the number of followers!
Is it a test?
Do I insult you by saying to a blog of hundreds of followers,
I think your not yet over 200!
Will have to be very careful.
If I don’t make it to 11,
will someone take away my award?
11 random facts about myself.
1. I’m gorgeous.
2. I’m modest.
3. I’m a great mother.
4. I’m an even better wife!
5. I’m very good with money.
6. I’m 21.
7. I’m amazing with computers.
8. I’m a non drinker.
9. I’m an excellent cook.
10. I’m fantastic at arts and crafts.
11. Lastly I’m painfully honest!
Questions for my nominees:
1. Who is your favorite author and why?
Daisy Goodwin. I don’t read her novels but if i had to have one book in my life, it would be “poems to last a lifetime”
2. Why did you start blogging?
My brother has a site freerangestartup and he was so enthusiatic about what he does I took a look. And here I am.
3. What’s the most challenging thing about blogging?
Finding the time.
4. What’s your dream vacation (money’s no object)?
Disneyland with my kids. Paris would do!
5. Favorite childhood memory
Holidays in Co Donegal, Ireland. Playing with all our cousins.
6. Who inspires you and why?
My friend Majella,
whose son has leukaemia.
She is still great fun to be with,
and is coping so well.
7. What’s your favorite dessert?
8. What’s your favorite music?
Irish female artists. Mary black, dolores keane, Maura o connell.
9. Where do you see yourself in ten years?
Bankrupt with one child still in college. Hopefully still married!
10. What’s your hobby?
11. If you had a million dollars, what would you do with it?
Spend, spend, spend.
I’d have to get rid of my husband first,
as he would save most of it,
but I’d have the money to hire someone to do that!
Now for the main event.
Here are a list of the Blogs I love.
Hopefully with under 200 followers.
Do check them out!
Just another Canadian Girl
Thanks to anyone and everyone reading this.
I love that you are!
I will post my nominations and answer questions re the sunshine award on a later post. For fear I bore you all!