Blogging is all about writing,
but I am stuck for words.
For two reasons.
Delight, as I have been nominated for a number of awards,
as I have left it so long,
between nominations and my public acceptance.
Firstly The Gothamite awarded me,
The versatile blogger award.
He has gone quiet of late,
but was expecting a baby so maybe is just busy.
Thank you very much.
Then donofaltrades hit me with an inspiring blogger award.
Don is a blogger who stalks womens blogs.
The trade off to his stalking is,
his own posts are filled with humor,
never taking himself too seriously,
and his comments are great fun.
I tried to tell him I had this award before,
but he informed me,
that that was my lazy Irish way of trying to get out of work!
My next award came from my good blogging pal,
cranky over at Grandma says.
It was a best moment award.
What a lovely idea for an award.
Cranky started blogging a few months ago,
around the same time as myself.
She has gathered lots of followers,
because her posts are so natural,
her writing so varied and real.
She has also just finished a 30,000 word novel,
and been a winner at writing camp.
She puts me to shame!
Thank you Grandma.
Lastly I was presented with the Shine on award.
This award is worthy of winning,
for just the beautiful logo that comes with it.
I received this from a blogger I did not know before,
who took a “shine” to one of my posts,
and has called back a few times since.
Pieter over at pnco,
his blog features writing, drawings and beautiful photography.
Thanks a million Pieter.
So true to Dons assessment of me,
I will take the lazy way out.
grouping the requirements into one.
I must write an acceptance speech,
list seven things about myself,
and nominate 15 other blogs.
My speech is short and sweet.
Well short anyway!
I cannot begin to express how much I am enjoying writing.
I am so thankful to all those who have read anything I have written.
Those who I meet occasionally,
or those who regularly take the time,
to read “my thoughts on a page”.
I have posted almost everyday since I began,
and have enjoyed that challenge.
The icing on the cake has been,
getting to know new bloggers,
and some even “liking” my blog.
So thank you, thank you one and all.
“Go raibh mile maith agaibh”.
My seven random facts about myself.
1. I have a tattoo.
2. My fourth baby was a planned homebirth.
3. I was a nurse in my life BC (before children).
4. I dye my hair with a good tint of purple in it!
5. I lived in Australia for eighteen months.
6. I am passionate about the Irish language.
7, I cant cope with temperatures above 26C or 78F
My 15 blogs are.
1.I have an opinion I’d like to share This is one lady with a lot of opinions. She is 80 months pregnant with her second baby, and still highly entertaining.
2.Mocha A wonderful blogger who writes beautiful posts and poems. A real find.
3. Clearly writing Wow. This is a compelling blog to read. This blogger is leading a hidden life. She also writes brilliantly.
4. Multifarious meanderings A young french blogger who writes so well about her life.
5. Wild heart scribe. Beautiful poetry on this blog. I have yet to read a post I could not “like”.
6. lauries notes A blog by a mother who has turned her life around after years of an eating disorder.
7. ramblings of a crazed mom An often entertaining blog by a mother of three with a son with ADHD.
9. Journey into the spectrum A mom of a young boy who is somewhere on the autustic spectrum. Always entertaining, thought provoking and honest.
10. Things could be worse A great visual blog of humor. I laugh most days looking at his posts in my reader.
11. mommyhasissues The mom of a young girl with a rare disorder. Writes about her life in an arresting manner. Not sad or mournful, but inspiring and can I say entertaining?
12. motherhood is not for sissies A blog by a mother who blogs about her life and much more.
13. Lindaghill A blog about her “life in progress”. She also has a fiction blog
14. Mrs Smith A blog by a stay at home mum to two girls, who loves to write.
15.mommyshymz This is one very creative lady. If I had access to this blog when my kids were small they would have really loved me!
As so many of these blogs may already have some of these awards,
and life is too short for me to figure out which ones,
I will let you choose which award you wish to keep.
If you do not wish to spend hours and hours doing a thank you post,
you are very wise.
However I was more than happy to give you a shout here.
If you follow me and I ignored you.
I am so sorry. I couldn’t mention everyone,
and some of you I thought would not be pleased to be given this honor!
Now I am looking forward to getting back to planning my next post.
Cue… A glass of wine tonight.