It’s Monday and I know many of you have not slept a wink as you wait, impatient to discover if you really know me at all. So without further ado here are the results.
Well, maybe there will be a quick ado, as I briefly fill in those of you who had a life this weekend away from the internet who haven’t a clue what I’m talking about…
- My other half’s Gaelic football team had a very important final on Sunday afternoon.
- It was lashing rain, freezing cold and a gale force wind was blowing.
- It is safe to say I am not a football fan.
So I set out a poll asking what those of you who read my blog thought I did. Did I…
- ‘Watch’ the match on twitter, from the comfort of my own home.
- Go to the match but stay in my car listening to it on radio for most of it
- Go to the match and roar and shout like the best GAA fan ever.
Well what can I say? Loyal friends I am afraid I am not the person the majority of you think me to be. Over fifty percent of you believe, incorrectly, that I am the person who would,
Wrap up like a real GAA fan shouting “Ah ref there’s two teams”.
I’m not proud of what I did, but but can we all please remember the howling wind and lashing rain, (no I am not creatively writing), the fact that the seats were stone benches and, perhaps most importantly of all, it was football!
So what did I do I hear you wonder as I whisper,
‘Go to the match but sit listening to it on the radio until the last few minutes’.
Yes sadly, believe it or not, I am that type of person 26% of you believe me to be. I was surprised that most of you got it wrong but then, with the kind of dulled logic associated with someone who has had a glass of wine, I decided to ask my other half what he thought and believe it or not, it turns out yer man who knows me thirty years, doesn’t know me at all. He too thought I was a loyal supporter and went with the 50%.
Needless to say I don’t think I need another poll to let you know if I put him right?