I saw this in my drafts folder today. I wrote it one night over Easter, obviously after I’d celebrated the occasion, and seen one list post too many on Facebook .Warning, you may get my lack of love for lists from it.
Hey you over there, writing those lists..
- Don’t tell me how to deal with my children…I’m learning loads by my mistakes.
- Don’t tell others what not to say to a stay at home mothers… I’m well able to speak up and tell those who need to know to feck off.
- Don’t tell me things I’ll notice, now that I’m a certain age.. I’m in denial, leave me there.
- Don’t tell me things I should have known before I had children… you are over twenty five years too late, and usually a mother with less experience than myself.
- Don’t tell me things I should have known before I got married… it’s too late, we can’t afford the divorce and couldn’t be arsed going back in time.
I want to tell you each time I read those lists, that I know a feckin load more about life and living than you. and it’s up to everyone to find life in their own way, in their own time.
Now because you love a list, here are five things I’ll tell you
- When you think you know about something…you don’t
- When you want to give advice… don’t
- When you think someone is interested…they aren’t
- When you hope to inspire…you dismay
- When you think you have it cracked…I laugh.
Disclosure… You, with the lists probably have a lot more readers than me, but I might have had just one small drink, saw one list too many and yes after my little liquid inspiration, thought to myself, I too can write lists.